An Emergency Broadband Benefit program is now available to eligible families who are interested. Households are eligible if one member of the household:
- Qualifies for the Lifeline program.
- Receives benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, or did so in the 2019-2020 school year.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year.
- Experienced a substantial loss of income since February 29, 2020, and the household had a total income in 2020 below $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers.
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating providers' existing low-income or COVID-19 program.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is limited to one monthly service discount of up to $50 per month toward broadband service and one device discount per eligible household of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute $10-$50 toward the purchase price.
Beginning May 12, 2021, households may apply in three ways:
- Contact your preferred participating broadband provider directly to learn about their application process.
- Go to GetEmergencyBroadband.org to apply online and to find participating providers near you.
- Call 833-511-0311 for a mail-in application, and return it along with proof of eligibility to: Emergency Broadband Support Center, P.O. Box 7081, London, KY 40742.
Further information regarding the program is available on the program flyer and printable application.