Child Find activities are undertaken for children who are suspected of having a disability and who may need special education services. The Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA) states: The State must have in effect policies and procedures to ensure that all children with disabilities residing in the State, including children with disabilities who are homeless children or wards of the State, and children with disabilities attending private schools, regardless of severity of their disability, and are needing special education and related services, are identified, located and evaluated. 34 CFR 300.111(a)(1).
For more information or resources to assist parents, please see the following contact information:
- For children 0-3 years old, call either 492-7700 ext. 1127
Or call 1-800-EARLYON. (1-800-327-5966)
- For preschool aged children (3-5 years old and not yen enrolled in kindergarten, call 492-7702 ext. 1143
For school-aged children, contact your local school district.
- Midland Public Schools: 923-5001
- Bullock Creek Public Schools: 832-8691
- Coleman Community Schools: 465-6060
- Meridian Public Schools: 687-3200
Additional resources can be found at buildupmi.org or by calling 1-888-320-8384
Director of Special Education
Midland County ESA Phone: (989) 631-5890 ext. 102
Longview Early Childhood Center Phone: (989) 492-7700 ext. 1102